Ebikes and Mapua Magic
TASMAN’S GREAT TASTE TRAIL Winter Weekend Getaway
Two days Two nights Magical Mapua and the Moutere
(You will be based at the seaside town of Mapua)
- We will transport you on your arrival in Nelson to your lovely waterfront B&B accommodation with breakfast in Mapua. There’s a spa pool to enjoy and great sea views from your room and patio beside the sea.
- On arrival at Mapua enjoy a complimentary glass of wine
- Complimentary upgrade from standard bike to an ebike
Day One – after breakfast jump on your bike and venture out to explore the rolling wine and hop countryside of the Moutere where you can sample the great wines, vineyard cafes and arts for which the Moutere is famous. Visit the historic Moutere Inn, NZ’s oldest pub and an old German Settlers cottage. There’s about 25 km to cycle and at the end of the day you return to your lovely B&B.
Day Two – there’s no hurry to get started as today you cycle back to Nelson on the Great Taste Trail – it’s an easy flat Grade 1 ride and it’s only 26 km, so less than 2 hours of cycling and plenty of time to do some wine-tasting and have a leisurely lunch along the way. On your journey visit award winning wineries, cafes, restaurants, and even a cheese shop where much of the region’s wonderful products are available to purchase to take home as gifts. And there’s art and nature to experience too – visit a famous art glass blowing studio or perhaps try spotting some of the estuary’s myriad of migratory and native birds as you cycle through the beautiful Waimea coastal wetland.
Great Taste Treat package Price Per Person: $420 pp (min 2 people) single supplement applies
Great Taste Treat Package Includes:
- Cycle hire for 2 days (includes helmet, lock, pump and puncture repair kit, and panniers) with complimentary upgrade to an e-bike
- Maps and guide notes
- Transfers to your accommodation in Mapua
- Two nights’ accommodation in Mapua including breakfast
- Complimentary glass of wine
- Ticket for Mapua ferry
- NB: Accommodation is based on share twin or double
Optional Extra: Pick up from Mapua if you don’t wish to cycle back to Nelson $120
Deal available: 20 May to 21 August, subject to accommodation availability