About the Great Taste Trail
Nelson’s Great Taste Trail has something for everyone –whether it’s the:
- 175 km of cycling – Cycle from 3 up to 6 days. Each day’s biking is different
- the coastal section with the estuary and its abundant wildlife, especially the Kotuku (white heron), the white or golden sand beaches,
- cycling a scenic river valley through the Kahurangi National park
- cycling the old rail trail with the highlight of the disused Spooners rail tunnel
- the wonderful art or the award winning wines, vineyard cafes and artisan beers
- not to mention the gourmet pies, the cafes and restaurants,
- the trail features such as the swing-bridges and board walks,
- access to the beautiful adventure playground of the Abel Tasman
- end up back where you started – the perfect loop trail. No need to organise transport from the end of the trail back to where you started
- Predominantly Grade 1 and 2.
We’ll work out the best route for you or you can choose from one of our various 1-6 day tours.
Biking the Great Taste Trail with Nelson Cycle Hire and Tours costs you no more than doing it yourself and we take all the hassle out of finding and booking the accommodation for you.