Nelson Cycle Hire and Tours terms and conditions
A deposit of 25% is payable at the time of booking of tours. All tour bookings must be fully paid 30 days in advance.
Cancellation and refund policy:
Deposit/tour price will be refunded as follows:
(Nelson Cycle Hire reserves the right to charge a one-off administration/cancellation fee).
61 plus days – 100% of tour sum less $50 administration fee
- 31-60 days – 75% of tour sum (or $50 administration fee whichever is the greater)
- 14-30 days – 50% of tour sum
- 0-14 days – tours of 2 days or more, no refund
- 0-14 days – one day tours are transferrable or subject to 50% refund
- Cycle hire bookings are fully transferable without penalty
There will be no refund for shortening of the tour/rental period.
Changes to Booking
We are always happy to make changes to ensure your holiday is the best it can be, however changes and modifications to the initial booking once confirmed will be subject to an administration fee of $25.00 for each change.
Nelson Cycle Hire makes every effort to provide safe and reliable bikes, however you should be aware that you cycle at your own risk.
We do not accept liability for any accidents which may occur or any sickness or other unforeseen circumstances which may arise.
While we will always endeavour to provide assistance to our clients, Nelson Cycle Hire is in no way liable for any additional costs or for transport or the provision of any medical care unless you are on a fully supported tour. We will discuss any additional costs that may arise with you.
Before you hire a cycle please understand:
- What you damage, break or lose you will be charged for
- Nelson Cycle Hire (NCH) will retain an imprint of your credit card until the completion of the hire and the satisfactory return of the hired equipment
- NCH is not responsible for any late arrival due to travel delays, flight cancellation or illness, or any closure of the Trail
- Nelson Cycle Hire is not responsible for the non-operation of the Mapua ferry
- The Parents of Children under the age of 18 years are responsible for ensuring the hired equipment is returned in a satisfactory condition