Terms, conditions and Cancellation Policy
Deposits and Payments
A deposit of 25% is payable by internet banking at the time of booking of tours. All tour bookings must be fully paid 30 days in advance. Payments by credit card may be accepted subject to a surcharge of 2.9%. We accept Visa and Mastercard only.
A 10% deposit for cycle hire is payable at the time of booking. Deposits are non-refundable unless weather-related. Bookings may be postponed and transferred at any time before close of business on the day prior to the hire commencement. A no-show will be treated as a cancellation and the deposit is not refundable.
Cancellation and refund policy
Deposit/tour price will be refunded as follows:
Nelson Cycle Hire reserves the right to charge a one-off administration/cancellation fee of $50.
- If there is a government-imposed lockdown situation or suspension of flights due to Covid, which prevents planned travel to our location, provided our accommodation providers do not apply a cancellation charge, you will be eligible for a full refund or credit. Cycle hire is 100% refundable.
- Tours that are cancelled due to failure to meet minimum numbers will be refunded in full.
- 61 plus days – 100% of tour sum less $50 administration fee
- 31-60 days – 75% of tour sum (or $50 administration fee whichever is the greater)
- 14-30 days – 50% of tour sum
- 0-14 days – tours of 2 days or more, no refund
- 0-14 days – one day tours are transferrable or subject to 50% refund
- Cycle hire bookings are fully transferable without penalty
There will be no refund for shortening of the tour/rental period. In a situation where extreme personal matters call for a cancellation or shortening of your trip we will do our best for you, without guarantee.
Changes to Bookings
We are always happy to make changes to ensure your holiday is the best it can be, however changes and modifications to the initial booking once confirmed will be subject to an administration fee of $25.00 for each change.
Nelson Cycle Hire makes every effort to provide safe and reliable bikes, however you should be aware that you cycle at your own risk. We do not provide travel insurance and you should provide your own to cover unforeseen circumstances.
We do not accept liability or responsibility for any accidents which may occur or any sickness or other unforeseen circumstances which may arise. In hiring a bike, you the client, accept that there are risks in cycling (whether from rough conditions, collisions, weather etc) and that you assume personal responsibility for this, releasing Nelson Cycle Hire, its officers and employees from any claims for injury, losses, (including consequential loss and damage), expenses or damage.
While we will always endeavour to provide assistance to our clients, Nelson Cycle Hire is in no way liable for any additional costs or for transport or the provision of any medical care. When providing assistance, we will discuss any additional costs that may arise with you.
Before you hire a cycle please understand:
- What you damage, break or lose you will be charged for, missing pumps, repair kits, bent derailleurs etc. This includes replacement of a helmet if you have a serious fall with head impact.
- Ebikes are susceptible to water damage and you are responsible for damage that occurs from riding through a body of water. In this respect please note that there are underpasses on the trail which have potential to flood at high tide.
- Nelson Cycle Hire (NCH) will retain an imprint of your credit card until the completion of the hire and the satisfactory return of the hired equipment
- NCH is not responsible for any late arrival due to travel delays, flight cancellation or illness, or any closure of the Trail
- Nelson Cycle Hire is not responsible for the non-operation of the Mapua ferry
- The Parents of Children under the age of 18 years are responsible for ensuring the hired equipment is returned in a satisfactory condition.
We will provide you with a complimentary parking pass when you hire a bike. This pass must be returned to Nelson Cycle Hire when you have completed your hire. Failure to return will result in a charge of $20 to your credit card.
New Zealand Law Applies
The hire of a bike and acceptance of Nelson Cycle Hire’s Terms and Conditions are governed in all respects by the laws of New Zealand and the Parties to a Nelson Cycle Hire Agreements (the hirers and Nelson Cycle Hire) submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of New Zealand.