Great Taste Trail Mapua Chillout
3 Days 2 Nights Self-Guided 75 km (two nights Mapua)
Nelson – Mapua – Kaiteriteri
Nelson to Mapua
You will be met by the Nelson Cycle Hire Team, and:
- Fitted to your cycle, issued accessories, route instructions and maps
- Start the trail at Nelson Airport, cycle to Mapua on the Great Taste Trail (26km) (approximately 2 hours cycling)
- On the way visit medal winning wineries, cafes and restaurants, swim at white sand beaches, indulge in scrumptious real berry fruit icecreams, visit glassblowing studio, sample local cheese.
- Cross from Rabbit island to Mapua on the bike ferry
- Stay 2 nights at a delightful B&B in Mapua – especially suitable for those who don’t like to be packing up and moving on every night
Exploring The wonderful Moutere
Explore the wonderful taste and culture of the scenic Moutere,
- visit medal winning wineries, restaurants,
- check out some of the regions abundant art studios,
- eat lunch at NZ oldest pub or a vineyard restaurant, or have a picnic in
- Check out the regions history, (Somerset Cottage
- indulge in the freshest picked fruits from roadside stands
- return to your B&B in Mapua
Mapua to Kaiteriteri
- Follow the scenic coastal route on the Great Taste Trail and enjoy great views from Tasman Ridge
- Lovely lunch restaurants at Motueka
- At Riwaka a delicious taste experience awaits – enjoy a yummy berry icecream with a fresh cherry on top, or an award winning home- made pie and a beer tasting from the Hop Federation.
- Enter Kaiteriteri on the Easy Rider mountain bike trail set in beautiful bush (easy grade).
From here you will be met and transported back to Nelson at a time that suits you.
Price per person incl GST and choice of Optional Extras:
- Basic Tour Price including transfers from Kaiteriteri to Nelson: $565
- Tour including luggage transfers $620
Minimum 2 persons, Share Twin