Great Taste Trail Weekend Explorer
2 Days 1 Night Self-Guided (56 km)
- You will be fitted to your cycle & issued accessories and receive a briefing plus written guide notes & Maps
- Your ride starts at Nelson Airport, and today is about lots of experiences during your leisurely 26 km cycle on the Great Taste Trail through to Mapua (about 2 hours cycling) so we suggest planning to be on the way by 1030. Your only time constraint is the scheduled last sailing for the day of the Mapua ferry.
- On the way visit medal winning wineries, cafes, restaurants, cheese shop, swim at white sand beaches, visit a glass blowing studio, indulge in scrumptious real berry fruit ice-creams, swim at a pristine white sand beach, enjoy beautiful wetlands. Perhaps lunch and wine-tasting at Nelson’s oldest vineyard estate. There’s something for everyone!
- Cross from Rabbit Island to Mapua on the bike ferry
- Stay overnight at a delightful B&B in the lively seaside town of Mapua
- Dinner – own arrangements
- There are more taste experiences in store as you leave the Great Taste Trail and explore the scenic Moutere where you will visit medal winning wineries, perhaps lunch at a vineyard restaurant or at the South Island’s oldest pub, check out the region’s history and visit some of the abundant art studios, be tempted by the freshest picked fruits from vendor stands on the way. (30 km). You are cycling on quiet back country roads.
- Do as much or as little cycling as you choose. You have plenty of time to chill and enjoy the wonderful taste and culture of the Nelson/Tasman region before you are transported back to Nelson from Mapua at the end of the day.
Price per person incl GST (min 2 persons) and choice of Optional Extras:
- Basic Tour Price : $480
- Tour with luggage transfers included $540
- Ebike supplement $110
- Single supplement applies
- Subject to accommodation availability
- Standard Cycle hire, (including helmet, locking cable, pump and puncture repair kit), panniers, hi vis vest
- 1 night B&B accommodation share twin
- 1 breakfast
- Transfer from Mapua back to Nelson