The Moutere Hills Wine & Food Spectacular ebike Tour
This supported E Bike full day Tour starts at Nelson Airport and ends 35Km later at the Moutere Hills Winery. There you and your friends can sample the wines and indulge in a Gourmet Lunch before being transferred back to Nelson by our Courtesy Van.
You will have a morning start, (recommended between 0830 -0900), at our Airport Base and during your ride you will be:
- Riding along the scenic Coastal cycle route to Rabbit Island beside the Waimea Estuary and wetlands, crossing the Waimea River on a swing bridge
- Following the trail through the Pine Forests of Rabbit Island and along the Tasman Bay coastline to meet the Ferry to take you across the inlet to Mapua township.
- Cycling through Mapua Village (perhaps take time for a coffee, ice-cream or other beverage) and then ride up into the Moutere Hills. Your E Bike will ensure a pleasurable ride along the ridgelines so you can enjoy the spectacular views in every direction.
- Riding to Old Sarau Village and visiting Kahurangi and or Gravity Winery to check out their latest vintage
- Then it is time to take a brief ride to Moutere Hills Winery where you can indulge yourselves in the fine cuisine at Foster’s Restaurant
Please note that Forsters are closed Monday and Tuesdays however Wine Tastings and Platters can be enjoyed at Gravity Winery instead.
- After you are replete, your Courtesy Van will arrive. If you insist, your obliging driver could take you to the Moutere Inn, NZ’s oldest pub, or to the Eddy Line for some craft ale sampling before returning you back to Nelson Airport
For this E Bike Excursion your tour package will include:
- A super comfortable E Bike for your riding pleasure
- Helmet, Repair Kit, Pump and security lock
- Ferry tickets and trail maps
- Parking at Nelson Airport and storage of excess baggage at our Office
- Pick up at the Moutere Hills Winery and return to Nelson at a pre-arranged time
Note: The Tour Package does not include food and beverages consumed on the ride.
Minimum number for a tour is two persons, maximum is 8. Please contact us if there is a requirement to accommodate larger parties.
Price for 2 persons: $160 per person
Price for 4 or more persons: $145 per person
2-3 persons – Book here
4-6 persons – Book here
What previous customers have said about our one day tours
We had a wonderful time!
We had a wonderful time! Got loads of great photos. Thank you for all of your help with everything!
We had great experience biking
We had great experience biking there at Nelson. You’re Mapua trail were biker friendly. The view is majestic and exciting. One of our best bike ride so far.
Thank you both for doing what you do so well
We truly were impressed at the way our trip was managed from enquiry, planning to execution – going well beyond expectations to ensure our visit to Nelson was an experience to remember. Loved JRs wit and humor! Thank you both for doing what you do so well and yes it was a shame we missed Read more “Thank you both for doing what you do so well”
We had an enjoyable trip and think that your company provides outstanding service.
Thank you for letting us experience The Great Tunnel Experience with Nelson Cycle Hire. It is much appreciated. We enjoyed our biking trip with your company last Thursday. It helped us to get a close impression of the excellent taste trail (Spooners Tunnel to Nelson), it was a fantastic route, and we enjoy the estuary Read more “We had an enjoyable trip and think that your company provides outstanding service.”
Great bikes and panniers
Thanks so much for those photos but also so much for the cycle hire and shuttle service which was much appreciated.
Read more “Great bikes and panniers”
Bikes were fabulous and the whole day seamless
Jim was wonderful and made the whole day seamless. We appreciate your efforts.
Read more “Bikes were fabulous and the whole day seamless”
Wonderful bike trip on Tasman’s Great Taste Trail
Many thanks Anita, Because of your kindly help and good arrangement, we have a wonderful bike trip on Tasman’s Great Taste Trail. We do appreciate!
Fantastic experience, Fabulous Day Trip
Nelson Cycle Hire provided transport to our location, Hi Viz safety gear and most importantly a very safe and comfortable bike at a most reasonable rate.
Read more “Fantastic experience, Fabulous Day Trip”
Great Service and Good Bikes
Hired bike for the day. Convenient location at the airport. Flexible return arrangements. Good rate. Biked to Mapua and return.
Read more “Great Service and Good Bikes”
Great Location and Friendly Staff
The bikes were super comfortable. Anita gave us an excellent set of trail notes to follow, booked our accommodation, provided a lunch and organised Kayak hire at Kaiteriteri.
Read more “Great Location and Friendly Staff”