Great Taste Trail Extended Weekender
3 Days 2 Nights Self-Guided 75 km (one night Mapua , one night Kaiteriteri)
Nelson – Mapua – Kaiteriteri
You will be met by the Nelson Cycle Hire Team, and:
- Fitted to your cycle, issued accessories, route instructions and maps
- Start the trail at Nelson Airport, cycle to Mapua on the Great Taste Trail (26km) (approximately 2 hours cycling)
- On the way visit medal winning wineries, cafes and restaurants, swim at white sand beaches, indulge in scrumptious real berry fruit icecreams, visit glassblowing studio, sample local cheese.
- Cross from Rabbit island to Mapua on the bike ferry
- 1 night at a delightful B&B in Mapua
Exploring The wonderful Moutere
Explore the wonderful taste and culture of the scenic Moutere,
- visit medal winning wineries, restaurants,
- check out some of the regions abundant art studios,
- eat lunch at NZ oldest pub or a vineyard restaurant, or have a picnic in
- Check out the regions history, (Somerset Cottage
- indulge in the freshest picked fruits from roadside stands
- At Riwaka enjoy a fresh berry icecream with a fresh cherry on top, or a great home made pie and a beer tasting from the Hop Federation. Enter Kaiteriteri on the Easy Rider mountain bike trail set in beautiful bush (easy grade).
- Tonight you stay at a B&B eco lodge in a beautiful bush setting
No cycling today unless you choose. Plan a leisurely swim at Kaiteriteri’s inviting golden sand beach or go kayaking off the beach or do it as part of a cruise. (Optional activity)
From here you will be transported back to Nelson at a time that suits you.
Price per person incl GST and choice of Optional Extras:
- Basic Tour Price: $545
- Tour Incl cyclist transfers from Kaiteriteri back to Nelson: $665
Minimum 2 persons, Share Twin
- Kayak Seals and Cruise – Guided kayak, cruise and 1.5 hr walk on famous Abel Tasman track. Best of the best! $139 per person optional extra. read more….
- Discoverer Day – cruise and walk –on famous Abel Tasman track. Read more….. $76 per person optional extra