Option One – Two Days – Magical Mapua …. >
Magical Mapua and the Moutere ( Self guided with ebike)
You will be based at the charming seaside town of Mapua
- Day One – Jump on your ebike and join Tasman’s Great Taste Trail at Nelson Airport; enjoy a leisurely 26 km cycle through the coastal wetlands to Mapua (less than 2 hours cycling excluding stops) Grade 1, easy.
- On your journey visit award winning wineries, cafes, restaurants, and even a cheese shop.
- And there’s more! Try a visit to an art glass blowing studio or perhaps spot some of the estuary’s myriad of migratory and native birds. Have a refreshing swim on Rabbit island’s inviting sandy beach.
- Then cross from Rabbit Island on the cycle ferry to Mapua (10 minutes). Accommodation with breakfast in a lovely B&B in Mapua where your luggage will await you.
- Tour Special – On arrival at Mapua enjoy a complimentary glass of wine.
- Day 2 – explore and sample the great wines, vineyard cafes and rolling countryside of the Moutere before cycling back to Nelson.
- Optional extra – instead of cycling back to Nelson, we will pick you up from a winery or restaurant in the Moutere and transport you back to Nelson.